Best Cable Modem for COX 2017
Below are some of the best Cable and WiFi Modems that are recommended by Cox High Speed Internet service. Cox basically offers WiFi Modems, which combines between a cable modem and wireless routers in one devices (combo) to customers and ready to be purchased as seen here for all Cox Internet service customers. But in case you want to use your own modem or buy cable modem, Cox recommend you the following modems.
These are some of the Best Cable Modem (DOCSIS 3.0) for Cox 2017 as recommended in their official website.
1. Cisco DPC3010
This cable modem can deliver data rates up to 320 Mbps for downstream and 120 Mbps for upstream. It means the speed reach 8x faster than old DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems.
– 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port
– DOCSIS 3.0 Certified
– Speeds : up to 343Mbps down & 120Mbps upstream
– Front-panel LEDs
– Excellent for streaming video and gaming purposes
Also check features for Cisco DPC3000
2. ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6120
Speed of this SB6120 modem is 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. Data rates reaching up to 150 Mbps make it perfect for all online activities gaming, shopping, downloading, working, etc..
– Quick installation
– 2000x faster than phone modems
– 4x faster than Docsis 2.0 devices
– Front panel LED for monitoring modem status
– Slim design
– 10/100/1000 Gigabit Port for wired network
– Easy to Download HD movies to your PC or watch TV shoes, sports streaming media without lag
3. ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6121
Has more than 7000 reviews, the Motorola SurfBoard SB6121 is the successor of Arris SB6120 above and has more features as follow :
– Download rates up to 172 Mbps and 131 Mbps for upload
– Great for multimedia activities, online streaming, gaming, etc
– Front panel LEDs that indicate status of modem
– Easy to install and user guides available in multi-language
– Supports IPv4 and IPv6
– Works with major operating systems like Windows, Macintosh, UNIX and Linux.
Also recommended : ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141
4. Netgear CMD31T
The Netgear CMD31T also comes with DOCSIS 3.0 technology and provides a secure connection to high-speed Internet speed.
– Speed : Up to 150Mbps excellent for streaming HD videos or high speed online gaming
– Gigabit Ethernet port provides the fastest wired speeds for your wireless routers or PCs
– Simple setup
– More secure connection
– supporting both IPv4 & IPv6
5. Zoom 5341J
The Zoom 5341J can be paired to wireless routers and share your high speed internet with multiple devices. It’s also ideal choice for home/office use.
– Easy installation
– Speed for Download/Upload : Up to 343 Mbps/143 Mbps
– Plugs this modem to an Ethernet port on Windows PCs, Mac, wired or wireless router, Wireless access Points, etc
– It comes with 5 LEDS for reporting status
– IPv6 support
As you can see above, these cable modems have been packed with DOCSIS 3.0 technology.. the reason why you should use the DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem is to receive fast & optimal speeds consistently. Also COX customers for Premier and Ultimate package are required to use DOCSIS 3.0 devices with 8 x 4 or higher channel bonding so its package speeds can be achieved.
There are also several DOCSIS 2.0 devices that compatible with Cox network (like Arris SB5100, SB5101, SB5120, Linksys BEFCMU10 v3&4, CM100, etc) however if you want to use “Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate package“, Cox recommends you to upgrade these cable modems to a DOCSIS 3.0 device so you will get the best and consistent speed experience.