Best Cable Modem for Comcast Xfinity 2017
Comcast customers often feel that they need to replace their old cable modem and buy a new one to enjoy better & faster internet speeds because they may not be entirely satisfied with what they get out of the box. The problem with many customers is that, despite Comcast offers a variety of Internet subscription levels that would guarantee them to get better internet speeds, they just don’t seem to be pleased with what they actually get. The problem basically is not on the ISP but with their cable modem. So for that reason, you can do some small research to identify what are the best modem that can compatible with comcast so you will get the faster internet connection as promised by the ISP.
These are some of the best cable modem for comcast 2017 as mentioned in Comcast official website ;
1. Motorola SurfBoard SB6121
This Motorola SB6121 has become the most popular cable modem on the market. The device can delivers download speed up to 172Mbps and 131 Mbps upload. It also comes equipped with 4 download & upload channels, Gigabit Ethernet port that can be used to connect to PC or Router sp you can download faster. Ideal for streaming HD video or online gaming.
2. Motorola SurfBoard SB6141
Another great device from Motorola, the SB6141. It has more powerful features than Motorola SB6121 above where download speed can reach up to 343Mbps. It’s powered by DOCSIS 3.0 technology and features excellent 8×4 channel bonding for faster throughput. Great for downloading large files, working, stream favorite movies, multiplayer games, etc.
3. Motorola SurfBoard SB6183
Again, we have Motorola modem in the list, the SurfBoard 6183 which is the successor of SB6121 and SB6141. It can increases your personal multimedia experience with data transfer rates up to 686 Mbps for download while the upload speed is still the same with two products above at 131Mbps. If you want to make HQ voice or video conferencing or P2P networking applications, this modem will be perfect for you because the speed is more realistic and faster.
4. NETGEAR AC1750 (C6300)
5. Zoom 5341 (5341j)
Zoom comes with 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port so that you can connect this modem to other ethernet-enabled devices including Mac PCs, Router, Wireless Access Points, etc. It also support DOCSIS 3.0 offers fast Internet with up to 343 Mbps/143 Mbps. The installation is easy and can be paired to various wireless routers for sharing your internet service with multiple devices. Overall, it is a good choice for almost any cable modem user.
Why Comcast For Broadband Internet ??
The main reason that many people prefer to choose Comcast as their ISP is because Comcast is the largest cable operator in the USA and offering some of the best services to subscribers as well as provide customers better service quality and efficiency. As an entertainment company, Comcast offers various Internet packages that can be found in its bundled services (cable broadband & television channels). However, there will always be some factors that may influence the speed of Comcast’s broadband internet connection so you will feel significantly slower Internet speeds than what has been offered by the company. To solve this issue and get improvements on the speeds that you should get for your internet package, you should consider to use new Comcast approved modems on retail stores.
How To Find The Right Cable Modem?
If you want to buy the best cable modem (including for Comcast), there are some tips you can follow and some of them are outlined below.
- Docsis 3.0 – make sure that the cable modem that you want to purchase for is compliant with DOCSIS 3.0 technology. It is the latest technology that has been used not only by comcast but also by other ISP to offer you better Internet speeds. If the speed of your current internet connection seems to be lower than what you would like to get, make sure you first check your existing modem and see the details if your modem is compliant with this new technology.
- Make And Model – you will have to ensure that the cable modem that you want is coming from a reliable brand names like Motorola, Netgear, Cisco, etc because by using their products will ensure you that the device would be have great quality and meeting all the current standards.
- Reliability & Efficiency – This is simple step because you can read customer reviews online and see what cable modem are highly rated for better quality and efficiency. Some modem models, although being comcast approved are known have a number of problems which would always come in your way.
Where To Get Your Cable Modems From?
Once you have identified the best cable modem for Comcast, you will then have to decide where to buy it from. One of the best option is, you can easily buy them on your favorite online store like Amazon because you can get better or cheaper price.