ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 Review
The ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 is a combo product, besides its main function as a cable modem, it can also works as a wireless N router that can delivers its signal to other Wireless-based devices so multiple devices like smartphones, tablets, notebooks can use your high-speed Internet connection at the same time. It means you can save more money too because you can save up to $100 or other additional costs for buying a separate router. The SBG6580 can be used for anything to support your online activites and of course this modem also become a great choice for small or home office (SOHO).
Just like other Motorola Sufboard cable modems that we have posted before, like SB6121 or SB6141, Motorola place 5 bright LEDs on the front panel of the SBG6580 so you can easily read its operational status and for quick troubleshooting too.. It also has excellent performance with slim design that can fit on your desk easily and compatibles with all major cable Internet service provider. 5 front-panel status LEDs
These are some key features of Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 ;
– It can delivers download speed over 340 Mbps and upload speeds up to 130Mbps (depends on your ISP).. With this speed, you can easily use it for watch online streaming, play online gaming in realistic experience without lag or upload huge files to your social media accounts or your own server quickly and wirelessly.
– Docsis 3.0 technology and Backward-compatible to DOCSIS 1.x and 2.0
– The speed of this cable modem works faster than traditional DOCSIS 2.0 cable modems, up to 8x faster.
– Works wired (with cable) or wirelessly
– The installation is very simple and easy to use because Motorola packs this cable modem with setup wizard and a button for WiFi pairing.
– You can find four port Gigabit Ethernet for fast wired connections & home network. You can make a connection between this modem to you PC, Mac or UNIX network-ready systems.
– Your data and pricacy will be more secure and fully protected because it comes with commercial-grade firewall too